- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests including cover letters, proposals, budgets and attachments.
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts and other awards.
- Maintaining a calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Conducting prospect research.
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving forward in a timely manner, meet deadlines, and manage supplemental materials required for proposals .
- Provide writing support for related and assigned projects.][
Pony 4 Precious Inc. a non-profit 501 (c) 3 is in search of Grant Writers. The Grant Writers will be 1099 Independent Contractors; there are no other compensation programs or benefits available.The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grants -making organizations (including local, state and federal agencies and corporate/business entities) and persuasively communicating Pony 4 Precious’s mission and programs to potential funders. This is a commission only position working directly with the President. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grants requests with attachments, establish and maintain personal contact and relations with foundation representatives, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submission and other deadlines including those for project evaluations and final reports.
We are looking for multiple candidates who are able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical and research skills required. Candidates must be self-motivated; detail oriented, highly organized and has experience using online databases and other sources to locate essential information. A high level of computer literacy required including familiarity with Donor Perfect and the Foundation Center databases. This is a 1099 Independent Contractor position. The best part is you can work when you want, make as much as you want, work from your home and work directly with the President.